I am a former design instructor with a specialty in visual symbolism. I taught full-time at the LaSalle College of Art in Singapore, an adjunct at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, and in visiting roles for both DePaul University and the Rhode Island School of Design. My LinkedIn Learning course is used in college classrooms internationally. I have helped major brands such as Target and Thermos to understand how symbolism and storytelling drive behavior.
In my present line of work as a visual storyteller on themes of Southern folklore, I am seeking more opportunities to speak on the following topics:
• The world of Southern folklore, in pictures
• Oracle and tarot card publishing, design, and purpose
• Design for spiritual products
• Design and illustration based in story/narrative
The Storytelling for Designers course has been adapted to a workshop format, best for in-house corporate design departments, as well as an abbreviated version which works well for business keynotes and events.
In this workshop, attendees will learn:
• How to connect (visually) with the impact of story
• How to make best use of iconography, symbolism
• Is a picture worth a thousand words?
• Defining the structure of story
• Using personas