I am a former design instructor at the college level. I taught full-time at the LaSalle College of Art in Singapore, an adjunct at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, and in visiting roles for both DePaul University and the Rhode Island School of Design. My LinkedIn Learning course is used in college classrooms internationally.
In my present line of work as a visual storyteller on themes of Southern folklore, I am seeking more opportunities to speak on the following topics:
• The world of Southern folklore, in pictures
• Oracle and tarot card publishing, design, and purpose
• Design for spiritual products
• Design and illustration based in story/narrative
The Storytelling for Designers course has been adapted to a workshop format, best for in-house corporate design departments, as well as an abbreviated version which works well for business keynotes and events.
In this workshop, attendees will learn:
• How to connect (visually) with the impact of story
• How to make best use of iconography, symbolism
• Is a picture worth a thousand words?
• Defining the structure of story
• Using personas